Canon - EOS 7D Mark II DSLR Camera with EF-S 18-135mm IS STM Lens - Black
S&T #: - MFR #
PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS- 20.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Clear View II LCD Monitor
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Clear View II LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p/60 Video & Movie Servo AF
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Live View
- 65-Point All Cross-Type Phase-Detect AF
- Native ISO 16000, Extended to ISO 51200
- 10 fps Shooting at Full Resolution
- Magnesium Alloy Body, Built-In GPS
- EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
Designed with apenchant for speed, the from is characterized by its APS-C-sized20.2MP CMOS sensor, dual DIGIC 6 image processors, and a top continuousshooting rate of 10 fps. Both a 65-point all cross-type phase-detection AFsystem and Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology benefit fast, accurate focusingperformance for both optical viewfinder and live view shooting. Additionally,the combination of the dual image processors along with the CMOS sensor alsocontribute to enhanced low-light sensitivity to a native ISO 16000, which isfurther expandable to ISO 51200. The 7D Mark II comfortably performs in a rangeof challenging situations, and while ideally situated as a tool for sports andwildlife photographers, it resides equally as well in the hands of contemporarymultimedia image-makers.
Complementing the 7D Mark II's still imaging assets, support for recording fullHD 1080p video is available, in multiple frame rates up to 60 fps. Beyondsaving to internal memory cards, uncompressed video can also be recorded tooptional external recorders via an HDMI connection. Custom Movie Servo AF,which is aided by the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system, serves to highlight movierecording abilities by enabling controllable speed and sensitivity settings forcontinuous focusing with moving subjects.
Housing the robust set of imaging capabilities is an equally robust dust andweather-sealed magnesium alloy body, which contains a durable shutter mechanismtested for up to 200,000 actuations. A fixed 3.0" 1.04m-dot Clear View IILCD screen is incorporated into the design, along with a bright IntelligentViewfinder II optical finder, for versatile monitoring and playback abilities.Customizable buttons are placed about the body for personalized control overdifferent settings and a built-in GPS module automatically embeds location datainto files for geotagging images when shooting.
The EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens is included along with the camera bodyto serve as a versatile everyday lens that encompasses a 35mm-equivalent focallength range of 28.8-216mm. The STM stepping motor helps to achieve near-silentfocusing when used in conjunction with the Movie Servo AF mode and the opticalimage stabilization system helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake.
20.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors
Featuring a 20.2megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor and Dual DIGIC 6 image processors, the 7D Mark IIis capable of producing high-resolution, well-detailed still imagery and fullHD 1080p video with notable sensitivity and minimal noise. A native ISO rangeof 100-16000, which can further be expanded to ISO 51200, is well-suited toworking in difficult lighting conditions and the processing power of the DIGIC6 processors also contributes to enhanced low-light quality with smooth colorand tonal gradations and corrected optical aberrations.
The dual processor design further benefits the imaging system through theaddition of speed, which avails 10 fps continuous shooting for over 1000 JPEGs,31 RAW, or 19 RAW+JPEG files, along with a top shutter speed of 1/8000 sec. anda top flash sync speed of 1/250 sec. Additionally, a shutter lag time of 0.055sec. and a start-up time of just 0.1 sec. help keep the camera ready to performwhen desired.
65-Point All Cross-Type AF System
When shooting withthe optical viewfinder, a 65-point all cross-type autofocus system is used toprovide wide frame coverage for acquiring focus accurately and quickly. Thecenter point of this cluster is a high-precision dual cross-type sensor thatbenefits working with f/2.8, or faster, lenses and supports focusing down to -3EV to enable working in low-light conditions. These focus points areconfigurable and allow homing in on specific elements within the frame to focuson, or, alternatively, all can be used to provide coverage across the frame.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
Dual Pixel CMOS AFis a refined live view focusing technology that works to provide incrediblyquick and precise autofocusing abilities that function in a similar manner tohow a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodeswithin each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detectiongathering elements across nearly 80% of the frame to help reduce focus huntingfor faster, more direct control of focus placement. Dual Pixel CMOS AF isutilized during live view applications, for either still or video shooting.
When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focusquickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and trackingmoving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. Whenshooting video, focusing is smooth and natural when changing from differentsubjects or different distances within the scene. Subject tracking in movies isalso heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognizesubjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
EOS HD Video
Full HD 1080p videorecording is supported in multiple frame rates, up to 60 fps, in both the MOVand MP4 file formats. Additionally, uncompressed video can be recorded to anoptional external recorded via the HDMI output. In-camera video is recordedusing the high quality H.264/MPEG-4 AVC codec and manual exposure control issupported for greater refinement over the look and feel of recordings. Videoclips are automatically partitioned after the file size has reached 4GB andboth IPB and All i-frame compressions are available for use depending onediting and output preferences.
When recording video, customizable Movie Servo AF can be utilized to adjust thefocusing location, speed, and tracking intervals for fluid and smooth AFquality. Support is also available for STM lenses, which deliver exceptionallyquiet and smooth focusing to benefit the overall quality of movies.
In-camera audio is recorded using the Linear PCM format for MOV files, or theAAC format for MP4 files, and support is available for utilizing an optionalexternal microphone during recording. Additionally, a headphone input is alsoavailable for real-time audio monitoring.
Featuring a durablemagnesium alloy body with a shutter tested to 200,000 cycles, along withenhanced mirror and shutter drive mechanisms, this rugged camera is also sealedto resist dust and moisture for use in inclement conditions. On the rear of thecamera is a bright, large 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD screen that can be used forlive view monitoring, image review, and menu navigation. It features asmudge-resistant and anti-reflective Clear View II coating to better enableviewing in bright lighting conditions. Alternatively, for eye-level finding, anoptical Intelligent Viewfinder II is incorporated into the design and provides100% frame coverage, for greater composition accuracy, and an overlay displayto highlight pertinent shooting settings, such as a digital level, exposureinformation, and other camera functions. The body design also incorporates adual memory card slot that accepts one CompactFlash card and one SD/SDHC/SDXCcard to extend file saving capabilities by permitting overflow recording orin-camera duplicating. The camera also features a range of customizablecontrols that can be configured to adjust a range of settings based on yourpersonal preference.
Scene Detection System and Exposure Metering
For enhancedprecision in regard to exposure metering, an iSA (Intelligent Scene Analysis)system employs an independent 150,000-pixel RGB metering sensor, which benefitsthe iTR AF (Intelligent Tracking and Recognition) system, for consistent,precise subject tracking and exposure metering capabilities. These systems alsoincorporated dedicated tracking algorithms designed to recognize faces andcolors, too, to support both exposure metering and autofocus functions.
Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
Included with the7D Mark II is the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens, which provides a35mm-equivalent focal length of 28.8-216mm. Covering a range of perspectivesfrom wide-angle to telephoto-length, this lens is a highly versatile tool foruse in everyday situations for both still image and movie recording. Its designintegrates an STM stepping motor that provides near-silent focusing abilitieswith smooth and precise control. Additionally, the optical image stabilizationsystem helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutterspeed steps in order to benefit working in low-light conditions and withgreater zoom magnifications. One PMO (precision molded optics) aspherical lenselement and one UD (ultra-low dispersion) element are also incorporated intothe lens construction to help reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the zoomrange and an optimized lens coating has been applied, too, in order to lessenlens flare and ghosting for higher contrast, clearer imagery.
Other Camera Features
- A built-in intervalometer permits the creation of time lapse imagery and supports recording 1-99 consecutive frames in pre-selected intervals.
- The bulb shutter speed setting enables you to keep the shutter open as long as desired for an expanded range of creative exposure capabilities.
- An integrated GPS Receiver automatically records location data with each exposure, including longitude and latitude, elevation, and UTC time as EXIF data, and also provides a digital compass. Movement can also be tracked at set intervals to showcase your routes taken during shooting.
- Advanced mirror vibration control technology supports the 7D Mark II's exceptional continuous shooting speeds and helps to maintain consistent results during shooting bursts.
- A flicker detection system can automatically warn you, in the viewfinder, when a flickering light source has been detected. The effects of these light sources can be compensated for using the Anti-Flicker Shooting function, which will automatically record images only during instances of peak light volume. This system is especially useful for reducing inconsistent exposure or color results, which are prevalent when continuously shooting in difficult lighting conditions.
- In-camera correction for a variety of lens aberrations is possible, including the ability to control peripheral illumination, chromatic aberration, and other distortions. When working in live view, the Image Simulation Function can be utilized to monitor the effects of distortion correction for fine-tuning your results.
- A USB 3.0 terminal is available for expedited transfer speeds between the camera and a computer or the optional WFT-E7 (Version 2) for Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Picture Style modes allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera and include Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and up to three User Defined settings.
- Language support: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Camera Format||Full-Frame (1.0x Crop Factor)|
|Pixels||Actual: 23.4 Megapixel Effective: 22.3 Megapixel|
|Max Resolution||22.1 MP: 5760 x 3840|
|Sensor Type / Size||CMOS, 36 x 24 mm|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW Movies: MOV, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Audio: Linear PCM|
|Memory Card Type||CompactFlash SD SDHC SDXC|